BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, February 11, 2011

All about Jay!

Another month has come and gone. It's so hard to think my little miracle boy is about to be 15 months old!! He just won't slow down! He's amazing me every day though. He's so smart and such a dare devil. He has no fear! He will hurt himself, maybe cry for a second then he's back doing it again! I love that about him. I never want him to fear trying something just cause he failed once! Of course I think he needs to slow down on some of the stuff he is doing...like making my couch his obstacle course. But it's so fun to watch him!
As far as his "smartness", let me tell ya. He's amazing to watch! He loves figuring out how things work. He enjoys taking the remote to the tv, throwing it until it falls in pieces then he sits on the floor and tries to put it back together, when he can't get it...he brings it back to me and the process starts all over again! He also enjoys doing it to my phone. Sometimes he will throw my phone clear across the room, I tell him to go get it, cause I have no idea where he threw it...and a few seconds later he walks back with it and hands it right over! He's such a trip! He really does love working with his hands and finding buttons to push, especially on the remote and the side of the TV lol.
Now tonight, he did something that just blew me away. It was bath time...I told him to reach for the sky (so we can take his shirt off), he reached up (like he has been for a couple of months now), I told him to take his pants off. He tried and then gave up. So I pulled them half way down and he took them off (which he's been doing that for a while too). Told him to take his diaper off, he pulled and pulled but couldn't get one of the pieces to come off. So I undid one side and he continue to pull on it until it came off. It landed in the floor...I told him to put it in the trash, without asking twice he did!! That's my good boy! We clapped and cheered! Now here goes what blew me away. There were q tips on the floor that Casey must have knocked down. So he goes and grabs the first one. Places it in his left hand, he goes and gets another, and also places it in his left hand. He goes and gets the 3rd one and places it in his left hand. I was amazed that he actually knew to put them in one hand so he could have a free hand! This is the first time I have notice him doing it...but this is also the first time he has been able to pick stuff up that small and place them all in his hand. When he finished picking those three up, I told him to go put it in the trash..and once again he did! Such a smart kiddo!
Every day I swear there is something new that he learns. He's been trying to brush his own teeth, but instead would rather suck on it...but my niece did that at 3, so I think it's all kids. He's been getting better with eating with his fork/spoon, even though he enjoys the fork better cause he can stick the food with it. (need to find more safety forks for him). He's just a big ball of energy and loves to watch you, and try to do it himself! I am so proud of him!

Now on to other things. We are all sick. Hopefully with us all being sick at the same time we can get it out of our system at the same time instead of passing it back and forth. Josh got a little to cocky the other day. Jay and I were sick and he wasn't sick. I told him to be careful or he would get it...He said "I have already had my one cold of the year", I then proceeded to tell him that it's a new year...and low and behold the next day he was sick! LOL. I hate to laugh but it's funny!
Jay is going on 6 days of a fever. I am going to schedule him an appointment tomorrow to see if it is from teething or if it's from a cold or what. The first time I took his temp last Sunday it was 103, but I got it down very quickly to 101.5. But since then, it has been back and forth from 99-100.9. He has shown no decrease in his appetite, and he is still himself...full of energy! I still haven't had a full night sleep which could be why my cold is still hanging around. I get so worried about him that I am up checking on him as much as I can! Just want his fever to go down and stay down! He has been on tylenol and motrin the last week, but it really hasn't made any difference, or if it has, a very small change. So I think it's time to see a doc. If they can't get us in until a few weeks, we might have to adventure to the ER to see what they say. One of the joys of Military Medical that I hate...is the long freakin wait to get seen for anything! No wonder so many people go to the ER...but some really abuse that crap too! Just cause you have a runny nose doesn't mean you need to run to the ER. That subject is something for another day LOL!
But over all, we are all good. Just living life the best we can and looking forward to our weekend getaway to TN to see family and to get the heck out of VA for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment