BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

50 Things About My Marriage

I saw this on a friends blog and it got me wanting to do it too!
Thanks Katie!!

50 Things about My Marriage


1. When is your “engagement” anniversary: November 16, 2001

2. When is your “marriage” anniversary: January 16, 2002

3. How long have you known your spouse: Since September 6, 2001

4. How long did you date/court before you were engaged: We met Sept 6, 2001. Got Engaged Nov 16th, 2001. Got Married January 16th, 2002. Knew each other 2 months, then got engaged, 2 months after that we were married.

5. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time? At Exxon on Laskin (31st Street) and Atlantic

6. What is your spouse’s full name: Joshua Dennis

7. Do you have any children: Yes

8. How many – boys/girls: 1 boy-Jayden Allen - Nov 17th, 2009

9. Do you have any house pets: Yes - We have 2 dogs (Rufus and Sadie) 1 Cat (Casey) 1 Bunny (Kona) 1 Bird (Tiki) a 120 Gallon fish tank with fish, and a 40 gallon salt water tank with fish

10. Do you own a house or rent: We own our house (well we don't own it until it's paid for...but it's ours!!)

11. Do you live in the country or town/city: City for now, but once he gets out of the Navy, we are moving to the country!

12. What is one of your favorite activities together: Anything we do as a family

13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot: We have never really been on Vacation. We go to Oklahoma every year and we love it cause we are with family. We have been to Hawaii when he went for his consult for his back surgery..that was fun. We turned it into a mini vacation.

14. When did you first kiss? I kissed him the day we met. Sept 6th, 2001

15. What church do you attend? We haven't found one yet. We both really want to go though.

16. Is this the church you were married in: No, we eloped.

17. What town is your current address at: Hampton

18. Do you work or stay at home: SAHM

19. Where did you go on your honeymoon: We never had a honeymoon.

20. What was the funniest gift you gave when dating? Well we didn't date all that long before we were married, so off hand I can't think of a funny gift we gave each other

21. How long have you been together? 9 years yesterday

22. How long did you know each other before you started dating? An hour LOL. We pretty much hooked up the night we met.

23. Who asked who out? Well, he asked me if I wanted to ride on his motorcycle, I said yes....about 6 blocks later found out his name. Came back to the gas station (which is where the car was), We talked and hung out a while, asked for my number, and I kissed him goodnight. Sooo, I guess he made the first move by asking for my number...and I made the first move with the kiss.

24. How old are each of you? 27 & 30

25. Where do each of you go to school? We don't

26. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Being apart so much due to the military!! But if being apart means we are together...its worth it!

27. Did you go to the same school? No

28. Are you from the same home town? No

29. Who is smarter? He's more book smart...But I would say I am smarter when it comes to Math and street smarts.

30. Who is more sensitive? Aren't all woman more sensitive?

31. Where do you eat out most as a couple? We go to a lot of places...but we go more often to Olive Garden

32. Where is the farthest you two have traveled together as a couple? We have traveled half way across the world together.

33. Who has the craziest exes? I do for sure!

34. Who has the worse temper?That would be me without a doubt

35. Who does the cooking? He does a lot of cooking

36. Who is more social? He is for sure! I tend to keep to myself

37. Who is the neat-freak? Me!!

38. Who is more stubborn? We both are!!

39. Who hogs the bed? He does for sure!!

40. Who wakes up earlier? He does cause of work, on the weekends I do cause of Jayden!

41. Where was your first date? Pizza Hut

42. Who had more boyfriends/girlfriends? That would be Me!

43. Do you get flowers often? Not often, but for special occasions.

44. How do you spend the holidays? With family locally!

45. Who is more jealous? He doesn't seem to get jealous...if he does, he has been hiding it well for the last 9 years

46. How long did it take to get serious? Not long at all. We were engaged after 2 months!

47. Who eats more? Depends on our moods I think

48. Who does the laundry? Me

49. Who’s better with the computer? Me
50. Leave a piece of advice for the other couples. The best advice we were ever given was - Don't go to bed mad. Of course we have a time or two, but by doing that the fights never get resolved. So it's better to fix the situation before it boils into more than it really is.
I have noticed that fighting sometimes brings you closer together. (Not fighting all the time, but small petty fights). It gives you a chance to learn about each other. Plus making up is pretty fun too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment